Take the Time to Learn How to Trust Your Inner Guidance
It is so easy to get caught inside of your head, wondering if this or that will work. However, sometimes all you need to do is to trust your
inner guidance. When you take the time to hone in on your instincts and really pay attention to what they are saying–you might be surprised at what you hear.
Tips on Trusting Your Inner Guidance
1. Pay attention to what makes your heart race. Do you ever have ideas that keep you up at night because they are so exciting? Do these ideas every take away your focus from other activities? Of course you have–we all have. However, the key is to take some sort of action on these ideas. If you keep them inside of your head, they are not doing anyone any good, especially you.
2. Jump in with both feet. Don’t be wishy washy with your level of commitment. If you have an idea that fuels your passion, commit to it fully. When you hesitate or go back and forth on the ‘shoulds’ or the ‘hows’, you lose momentum and focus.
3. Sometimes rules need to be broken. If you have created a rule in your mind or are listening to someone else’s rule, make sure they are still serving you and your goal. Of course we don’t mean going out to rob a bank or anything. Instead discover the rules you are saying to yourself that might be holding you back–maybe it’s time to create some new ones?
4. Don’t get attached to the path. As you develop your strategy for growth, remain flexible in the path. The road to success is not always a straight line. Keep your eye on the end result, but sometimes the methods of getting there need to be tweaked or altered. If you find that something isn’t working, it is okay to adjust your sails in mid-journey.
5. Kick fear to the curb. Sometimes this is easier said than done, but fear does nothing for your future besides keeping you stuck and lacking confidence. When you notice fear showing its ugly head, acknowledge it and toss it aside. You might try asking yourself if what you are afraid of is real? Is it your truth? If not, find a way to reword the fear into a positive.
To become the leader you envision requires you to trust in you and your instincts. You have the guidance within, you just need to learn to trust in it.
Do you have tips that work for you on trusting your inner compass? We’d love to hear them. Comment below and share, so we can all learn to lead a life we love.