Have you ever wondered why some people seem to have all the luck? You know the type—the ones that seem to have an easy time reaching their goals or appear to just “stumble” into success while the rest of us are working hard, day after day. Do you think that those people are just born lucky?
The truth is that regardless of whether you are trying to lose weight, get out of debt, or build a successful career it takes more than luck to reach your goals. While it would be wonderful, you can’t just wave a magic wand or will it to happen. (I know. I have a wand in my office that I wave around periodically. Nope. Nothing changed.) Reaching our goals means that there’s work—real work that need to be done.
Does this mean that it needs to be hard?
Well, that depends. If we try to achieve a goal without a plan, then yes, it will be hard. However, if we create a realistic, attainable (with just a little stretch to it) plan and stick to it, it’s surprising how much easier goal attainment becomes. It almost appears “lucky.”
5 Tips to Reaching Goals With Ease
1. Write it down. Did you know that by writing down your goals we will increase our success rate by 50%? That’s an incredible difference! By clearly stating and writing goals, we increase our direction and focus.
2. Create a long-term vision. Be sure to have a long-term vision of how you want your life, career, or business to look. Where do you want to be in 5 years? What do you want to be doing with your life? What do you want to create? Be very clear, very detailed in this vision. Make it “alive” for you to see, hear, smell, taste, and feel.
3. Next, focus on the short-term. Since you have a clear picture of five years out, be sure to bring that vision closer to where you are now. What do you want a year from now to look like? How about six months? What does it look like in 90 days, or a month, or next week? Making the goal attainable in bite-sized pieces will significantly increase the success you’ll experience.
4. Develop your plan. Now that you have a clear vision, bring your attention to developing a plan that will work for you. Focus on a high- producing action everyday that is in alignment with your goals. Commit to this action and to moving yourself forward on a daily basis.
5. Don’t give up—keep your focus. After you have a clear plan and your goals written down, don’t forget about them by placing them in a drawer or allow them to be buried under a pile of other to-dos on your desk. . Make sure that you develop a routine of reading your goals each and everyday. Keep them in the front of your mind—keep that vision in sight—so you remember your focus.
Reaching our goals requires focus and clarity. Because we want to be successful, we can’t ignore these important elements in the process.
Are you ready to try your luck? Raise your odds by taking the most important steps first.